3.26.2015

DEPARTURE TIME

I was supposed to be at Partas bus station that Wednesday at 4am but the dispatcher whom I asked of the schedule a day before doesn't know the exact time when the bus comes along the next day. So to be sure, I went to the station at 1:30am with Kryztl, Knycole and Noel, my best friend. Left Noah there lying on bed and gave him lots of kisses while he sleep. Said our prayer and off we went to get tricycle that brought us to Partas.

It was 3am when the 1st bus bound for Pasay came and I hopped in. Gave my daughters my hugs and kisses and left San Fernando City. It was a long 7 hour drive. The bus has to stop at their Cubao station for almost 30 minutes for some check up then proceeded to Pasay on a rainy Wednesday noon. Got there to the station before 12 and immediately went to take a shuttle car bound for NAIA Terminal 2. One woman heard me say I'm going to NAIA 2 and she came with me splitting the 350 fare between us.

Annabelle was on the line the whole time. She was monitoring my trip and gave 3000 pesos via Western Union which I have to collect on our way to the airport. Good thing, the taxi driver was very accommodating. I didn't get into trouble with my plans.

Was at the airport at exactly 1215 and proceeded immediately to check in. Hungry, got hotdogs for lunch and rested for awhile. An announcement was made for those flying via PAL bound to Vancouver and Toronto to have a thorough check in and we all were asked to line up and one by one checked our documents. It took us til 2pm to finish before we get boarded. Unluckily, there was an ongoing runway traffic that lasted an hour so flight was delayed from 3pm to 4pm.

What was I feeling then? I'd say I've always been tough and very resilient to these kind of challenges and I have mastered my emotions when it comes to saying goodbyes. I know that this will be quite another experience but I believe that as long as I am willing and ready for change, nothing will get to me to my plans. When we took off, I tried to think that 1 year or 2 will be just a small moment compared to the time I will be spending with my kids should I get my Permanent Resident status here in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment