3.26.2015

CANADIAN DREAM: part 7: The Philippine Government Requirements

Trixie, that friend I met during my SPEAK test forwarded a website where I can check what is to be done for my exit clearance. At the Canadian Embassy website, www.cic.gc.ca, I found the same information and started photocopying documents I need to submit to different government agencies - POEA, OWWA, DOLE. 

First, I had my visa, visa letter and passports photocopied and scanned and sent to my employer to attach to my contract and LMIA for authentication (redribbon) at POLO-Vancouver. I waited for 5 days before I got the parcel from FedEx. 

I then went to POEA- La Union regional office for my Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) schedule. Submitted same documents in xerox form and I was given referral letter for OWWA to give me schedule on the next Tuesday for the seminar. By the way, PDOS can be done without the authenticated documents. For me, it so happened that the documents are ready so I had it seen by the POEA officer.

While I waited for my Tuesday PDOS schedule, I printed my employer's ID to attach to her Employer's profile. Printed also 2 ID's of my sister who introduced me to my employer, encoded my employer's profile in Word format and had it printed in 2 copies, secured my sister's birth certificate at NSO, and looked for a lawyer to do my Sworn Statement/Affidavit. 

Atty. Purugannan signed my Affidavit but was rejected by POEA because I forgot to insert therein how I met my employer. I had to make another and had Atty. Rafon signed it. On that next Tuesday, I had my PDOS. It was a half day seminar but certificate was handed over at 2 pm and the referral to OWWA-Manila for my CPDEP certificate. It was on the next week when I had the seminar in Manila. After the CPDEP, all the documents are now ready for POEA to check and ready for submission for my DOLE clearance. Submitted my documents on February 24 and waited for another 2 weeks before I had it cleared. My waiting period was short considering that I was busy the whole time. Noah was with us that kept everybody busy. Plus my business was still on going while I waited for my departure date.

Came March 8, DOLE clearance is ready and I am ready to pay for my exit clearance as well. But I had it postponed til March 10, day before my flight. Noah was with me all the time. We where at POEA regional office and spend the whole afternoon downtown together, having lunches at McDonald's and we both enjoy our bonding together. When I finally had my OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate), I said to myself, "well, this is it!"

Having done all of the requirements. I am ready to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment