6.07.2015

CTR 4: THE CALLING

My present calling at North Shore Ward is Primary teacher for CTR 4. This is my first calling in the Primary. I have no previous experience teaching children. I've been teaching and have served in the Young Women and Relief Society organizations and in adult Sunday School but not in the primary. I was a bit hesitant when I was called but knowing that the presidency will be of support, I accepted the call. 

On my first 2 Sundays, I was honestly bored. Singing children's songs, staying with kids while lesson is on going and oversee that they behave properly, encouraging them to be reverent, keep them paying attention to teachers, reminding them to participate- these aren't my thing! Last Sunday, however, I started participating and missing my students when they didn't come to Church. I started memorizing their names (there's 4 of them in my class) and slowly getting into their "world".

Today, as I taught the first time, I knew that God put me there not only because I am needed there but because I know I will learn more from the lessons and from the little children I teach. I eventually learned to love James, Jorden, Selah and Amelia. Their hugs keep my desire to share the Gospel to them. Their hunger and thirst for righteousness are overflowing. I now see the need to be more inspired, more enthusiastic, more ready and more dedicated to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I'd be a part of their testimonies someday. And I know that this is where I am needed. I thank God for trusting me this calling, 

No comments:

Post a Comment