3.23.2015

CANADIAN DREAM part IV: REOPENING OF APPLICATION AND ITS APPROVAL

It's 2015 and things were seem to be not on its proper places! I thought that the year didn't start out right! Business started to slow down and the need to have plan B and C should be a priority. I thought of my Canadian dream once more.

On the 5th of January, as early as 1am Philippine time, I received a message from Annabelle: "still awake? Martha called with a good news!" It was Monday morning and I need to wake up early to prepare for Knycole's school. At 5am, Annabelle called informing me the "good news". With enthusiasm in her voice, I knew something positive is about to be disclosed. She said that Martha, my employer's representative received a phone call from the member of the parliamentary telling her my application was reopened. True to her words, an email (that went to my spam mails) from the embassy was sent as early as 5am Philippine time. Checked on it and it says there "application has been approved!".  The call and the email has slight difference but the email has more of the impact.

My enthusiasm was at its peak but nonetheless anxious that I might get to Canada before Knycole's graduation. My daughter Knycole is in 4th year High School and I wasn't around when she graduated in Elementary. This time, she hopes I could be with her on her High School graduation. 

Immediately called mom informing her of the good news. Mom was calm and positive. She gave me pieces of advice and I was somehow relieved knowing she's here for my kids. No other person knew of "good news" yet; not Duncan (my employer's son who has the power of attorney to represent his mom) nor Martha yet. But Annabelle was informed. She said we'll make it a surprise for Duncan who will come visit the Philippines in a week!

Trixie, a friend whom I met during the SPEAK test has been a reliable source of information. We were constantly talking through Viber since we finished the test and I constantly getting reliable info from her. I told her my application was approved! Happy, she gave me things to do for my next step. By the way, at this time she's already in Toronto for less than 2 months.

Next blog: Meeting Duncan


No comments:

Post a Comment