12.31.2010

31 December 2010, Friday

December 31 is always a busy day for me. I would spend the day doing my last minute shopping rush, preparing the menu for new year's eve, busy choosing which film to be included in our movie marathon, or sometimes, I am on the highways travelling because I still have extra duty, which we call it overload, 3 cities away from home . But it seems like my last day this year was a deviation from the normal. Let me enumerate one by one what I did on a Friday, 31.12.10.

12midnight - After duty, went to Flat 14 to have my pedicure done. After painting my toenails with bright red nailpolish, I also painted my fingernails without the thought that on the morrow comes another duty. What was on my mind was that of going to Church and painting my fingernails with red would compliment my outfit the next day. Good enough, Mam Vicky reminded me just "remove it before you go on duty". Ruosh cooked chicken noodles to beat the cool temperature of dawn
3:45 am- Went back to Flat 6, did my usual beauty regimen then went straight to bed.

7:40am - First alarm. Snoozed it and slept some more.

7:50am - 2nd alarm. Decided to get up to prepare for the Sabbath.

8:30-9:05am - Checked email messages and my FB account while dressing up and putting my make up on.

9:10am - Went out the hostel to wait for Bro. Caloi and family to pick me up. Guard came and started conversation. Offered some biscuits but I declined (I don't like the biscuit) and told him I just brushed my teeth. He continued on with his "getting to know you" strategy, showed me some ID's which I'm not even interested of, then asked for my number. I said I don't use mobily (a cellphone network, just like globe or smart in the Phils), and insisted that I don't have a number. Obviously, I was lying because he can see that I was holding my cellphone on my right hand. Then he said, in a language I barely understood, "you and I sometime go out, then sleep together?".....YUCK!!!!! What an indecent proposal! And he hadn't brushed his teeth, yet! Maybe for a week? EWWWW.....Good thing, Bro. Caloi came. I was saved from being nasty and rude.

10:00am- 12:30pm - In Church, was asked to give the closing prayer. Enjoyed all the classes. Cool teachers! I give them an A+ for the lesson well presented.

12:30-1:30pm - Met Rico, Raegan and Princess, new nurses at Dammam Medical Dispensary. Had a great time with them. Got a Christmas present from the Relief Society - a Christmas stocking full of.....I really don't have an idea. I left the stocking inside the building so I didn't know what's inside it.

1:30-2:15pm- Late lunch (dinner?). Almost all pasta on the table. Enjoyed chitchat with the new nurses with Evan who later joined us in our table and made the conversation more lively with his wit and funny comments.

2:15 - 2:53pm - Travelled back to hostel. Got 7 minutes to prepare.

2:53-3:00pm - I was too fast and too quick in removing my Sunday dress and putting on my scrub suit, spent less than a minute in wrapping my tarha on my head, put on my rubber shoes and abaya, took my bag, and off I go. While inside the elevator, removed my nailpolish using Splash polish remover courtesy of Mam Vicky and of course, put my lipstick on. Without it, I feel like I'm nude!

3:03pm - At ICU. Written: 2:55pm as my time in.....because everybody wrote 14:55 in the DTR. Still too many nurses who hadn't timed in yet. I'm just doing some favor for them......No, I'm lying, it's vice versa, I admit, I did favor for myself. 'Tho that's the trend in our department - 15 minutes waiting period then quarter after 3 will be declared late and everybody should go home 30 minutes past 3pm. Quits!

3:05 - Received endorsement from an Indian nurse. Patient: Filipino, 52 y/o, Stroke, drowsy, with Oxygen inhalation. Nothing really special. Just monitoring.

4pm - Called my kids in the Phils for 5 minutes. Had to cut off the conversation because: #1 reception is not good and #2, phone calls are not allowed in ICU (if caught, OVR or incident report)

7pm - Had dinner with Judy, Jinky, Celeste, Eugene and Maybelline. Food from Herfy Delivery costs 16 rials for the beef burger, fries and a can of pepsi. At 7pm in KSA, Phils is celebrating the New Year. What a timing!

7pm-11pm - ICU stuff with 5 minute nap on the side. Nobody saw me had a cat nap so might do it again tomorrow hehehe......

11:05pm- Endorsed to the 11pm-7am shift.

11:10 pm- met with Joel Collado, son of my patient Cita Collado at ER to take the foods they prepared for New Year's day celeb. Oopps...nothing special here. It's their way of saying thank you because from the very start, it was me who've taken good care of his mom and tomorrow, she'll be transfered to the female medical ward. Good nursing care!

11:10pm - Judy, Jinky and I went back to our hostels to prepare for the New Year's day party at Flat 14.

11:50pm - After a hot shower, proceeded to 4th floor and found all the mudiras (supervisors)at Flat 16 in party mood. We were invited over, took in some foods, (mostly sweets) and well, needless to say, we celebrated New Year successfully, happily, unitedly and enjoyably together as one happy........single ladies?....Nope, I guess, there's only few of us who were included in that category but let me add up some more adjectives for that.....happy, fulfilled, secured, single women.

Party ended at 2am, hopped to Flat 14 and closed the party with a cup of ice cream!

Welcome, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment