8.05.2015

WHISTLER ADVENTURE DAY 1: Love At First Sight

It was almost 8pm when Laura and I arrived at Whistler Village. The drive took us an hour and a half and the moment I set my foot on the place, I instantly fall in love with its captivating, enchanting, fascinating view. Everything I saw was a piece of paradise. No wonder, Whistler is one of the top tourist destinations here in British Columbia.

Found a free parking where we left the car and walked few meters to the foot of Mount Blackcomb to meet other friends. It was glorious to see mountains and the greens. The whole place was simply breathtaking. 

The Stunning Olympic Village at Whistler Village at night
We spent hours strolling Whistler Village. The Village is the central neighborhood of the town of Whistler, located at the base of both Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. It is divided into several areas - the Village, Village North and Upper Village. All the areas are connected by the paved, pedestrian-only Village stroll.

Whistler Village is a home away from home. As we walked along the stone walkways, I thought immediately of my kids hoping they, too will experience what I now experience. 

With the girls
Having a little rest from a long walk to the village
The Village is where locals and visitors mingle throughout the year, coming and going from outdoor adventures. There are people shopping and renting skis and bikes, kids exploring the playgrounds and plenty of people-watching opportunities from sunny patios and restaurants. Depending on the season, you can catch events like free open air concerts, street entertainment and markets.
Tourists come and go especially during the summer
After an hour of walk, we stopped by the Olympic site and took pictures. 

Afternoon view of the olympic site
Laura and myself on a relaxed mode

Tourists of all ages simply enjoy the view and the weather at the park
The stop has given us the time to watch people of different races, languages and colors. But no matter the differences were, we were here as one to celebrate nature and its wonder.


Just one of the views in the village

I knew that this visit would be exciting. I've spent most of my energy in awe and admiration. And I haven't really have seen the whole place yet! It was 10pm when we left the village and planned for tomorrow's gig. My smile can't contain my excitement and gratitude for having been invited over to the place. And if there's one thing I learned today: that LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT exists! 

Welcome to Whistler!




A Welcomer!



No comments:

Post a Comment