8.09.2015

THE STUNNING DEEP COVE

It was Sunday, alright! And I'm quite tired from my morning activities. I need a de-stressor! But the planned afternoon activity didn't work out so well that we decided instead to go visit Deep Cove. 

Deep Cove, or Deepwater is few minutes away from where my sister lives and with a cousin willing to drive us over to the place, we didn't spend a minute for a second thought of going for some exploration that same afternoon. 

Parked through here- free parking that closes at 11pm. 

Parking Area

Getting out of the car, here's what you have to walk through to see the beauty of the place. 

The Entrance to the Cove

It was indeed breathtaking! I have seen this view for at least 3 times during my driving lessons but haven't really had a close encounter. 

Beautiful scenery at Deep Cove

Deep Cove is known for its beauty. Who wouldn't want to have their picture taken here? Not me! I made sure I have mine taken with the yacht club as my backdrop, 

Yacht Club as my background

With its proximity to forests, mountains, skiing, parks and the water, Deep Cove is well known among outdoor recreation enthusiasts.
Mountains surround the waters at the Cove

The Gallant Wharf

Everywhere I see, my eyes caught every piece an evidence of God's masterpiece. 

Me near Gallant Wharf

The bay in front of the community is one of the few in Indian Arm which has both a sheltering shape and the shallow bottom required for overnight anchorage of pleasure vessels. Now, the place is called the Gallant Wharf which is open to the public. There is another one on the ither right side but exclusively for owners only. 

Welcome to Gallant Wharf

Yachts are over the place

Another photo with the Canada flag as a background 

With my nephew Kirby and those yachts 


Some of these yachts stay overnight or have been there as their fort

For yacht owners only?
Deep Cove is a popular small boat centre, with Rowing Club, Canoe, and kayak rentals and lessons, and a Marina.


Kayaks for rent

This is where to get the gear you need when Kayaking or canoeing 

Price List

The above price list will let you decide which best suit your preference. Even on my 4 1/2 inch wedge, I would want kayaking but it was almost closing time and no one was brave enough to go with me so we just sat down and enjoyed watching people and nature in awe and admiration. I thought I will add kayaking and stand up paddle boarding to my bucket list for another summer escapade next year. 

Beautiful place for kayaking and canoeing 

Paddle board and canoeing

After a short walk, We decided to drop by the famous doughnut shop at the store located at the entrance of the village. At CAD2 each, I finished mine in a split of a second! I must be very hungry or the donut must have been very tasty that I devoured mine in no time. And bought one more the taking. 
 

The famous Doughnut shop

Honeyglazed Doughnut with Soda for an empty stomach


There are places where tourists frolick prior to or after getting much of the energy from the stunning beauty of the cove - the food stores on the streets that cater to coffee, ice cream, donuts, pizza and many more interesting stuff for the hungry belly.

Food stores are over the place

More food stores

And more stores

And beautiful sceneries around the place, too. 

Deep Cove Cultural Centre

At the end of our adventure, it's relaxing to just sit down and simply enjoy the sceneries.

Me and my sister Annabelle

As I sat down in there, there were random thoughts that run through my mind. Yet, if there's one thing that I really wanted it pushed through at that very moment, that would be to share my experience today. For those who've been here, you know the feeling. For those who haven't, may this writing ignite your dreams and your passion to nature, that someday you come visit the Deepwater which we call THE DEEP COVE. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment