8.04.2015

THE MONGOLIE GRILL AT WHISTLER

It was past 2pm and the Peak to Peak Gondola ride that lasted 2 1/2 hours at Whistler Blackcomb plus the almost half an hour walk under the heat of the summer sun to Whistler Village has left our tummies grumbling. One of the girls suggested we can have lunch at Mongolie Grill inside the village. Heard no opposing comment, we headed to 4295 Blackcomb Way in the heart of the village to fill in our empty stomachs.
We were greeted with a mounted television at the entrance, walked 10 steps to the stairs going to 2nd floor and were immediately accomodated. There were four of us, by the way.
The Brand

A waiter attended to us and explained what is to be expected in the restaurant. 

Taking orders

Then handed each of us the purple colored menu. 

Purple colored menu

The menu has nothing in it but drinks. 

Menu for the drinks
The foods were at the counter where you have to choose which variety you want for your meal. Choose from a wide selection of quality fresh vegetables, asian-pacific noodles, succulent meats & seafood. I was warned by Laura, a regular at the grill that I should be wise in choosing what goes out to my bowl because the foods are priced by weight prior to cooking. 

Choose from a variety of vegetables and noodles here
Choose from a wide array of spices here

Choose from different fresh meat and seafoods here
I'm always anxious when I am asked to prepare my own meal. I don't know what I want or what tastes good all mixed up. I took the chance and selected the mongolie sauce, chili sauce plus the teriyaki sauce all mixed up. 

Different sauces available to spice up your food
The chef will then weigh in the food and transfer them to this round shaped pan for stir frying. Mine was priced at $13.95. Cheap but too few! 

Weighing in of foods by the chef
What's good about this place was that you get to see how your food is to be cooked. 

Food is cooked infront of the customers
I guess when I heard that the food is to be weighed in, I got anxious and don't want to be carried away creating my own dish that the price ends up higher than expected and stick only to the most favorite - few pieces of teriyaki chicken, shrimp, beef and few vegetables and 3 sauces. 

Mine was less than a pound, I guess
All of these come with free rice and miso soup. I'm glad I ordered soda for a drink, mine was oh, so hot! 

Miso soup
We stayed for an hour enjoying the food, the view, the chats and this fortune cookie! Quite an experience indeed! 


Overall, my Mongolie Grill experience was great! If you are to ask me if I would want to come back or would recommend this to friend? I would! After all, the place was great and the foods, amazing! 

Here's one last look at the resto! Enjoy! 

Welcome to Mongolie Grill



THE MONGOLIE GRILL, WHISTLER
4295 Blackcomb Way, #201
WhistlerBC V0N1B4
Tel: (604) 938-9416
Fax: (604) 938-9407

Neighbourhood: Whistler Village


No comments:

Post a Comment