1.18.2015

CANADIAN DREAM part II: FILING OF APPLICATION

IApril 2014:

Annabelle said I need to send my resume to my soon-to-be employer's son, Duncan to evaluate. He then emailed me wanting for a Skype interview. Interview was fast and verypersonalized. He must have been impressed with my resume! He immediately decided to start with the application. With the help of Annabelle who works for a recruitment agency in Vancouver, they were able to file a Labor Market Opinion (LMO) the next month.

Approval came a month after and copy was sent to me on the last week of June. I received the letter mid-July but did not make any move to fill in application forms. Those times, I already am doing well with my Glutathione business. I thought that if I fill up an application that soon, I might be in Canada on winter time. I waited for another 4 months. Duncan became impatient. He gave me an ultimatum: fill in an application or he will back off from helping me get through. Well, I was advised to push through but this time, with my "unwilling heart and mind". My prayers were then "Thy will be done, Lord!". And I started filling in forms that took me a week.

I then paid the application fee, filed up my documents and travelled to the VFS-Global Canadian Visa Center in Makati for filing hoping it will take long to wait for their response. That was a Friday. Amazingly, waiting period was 48 hours! Email was sent Monday morning with instructions that I need to have my medical examinations done, schedule my SPEAK test and send my original passport plus my employer to send proof they can pay an employee. 

Again, I was hesitant! If the application process takes so fast, then approval may also be very fast. I made the decision to file my SPEAK test on the 2nd week of November but heard that some difficulty might be encountered with registration so I was once again forced to do it ASAP. Had my SPEAK test first week of November with no difficulty. I was positive I made it. And I did!

On the next week, I proceeded with my medical exam at NHS-Baguio City. I was confident I am as healthy as a carabao and will pass the exam without a doubt! And I did!

Original passport was also submitted during the SPEAK test so the only thing left was the documents to be sent by the employer. Six documents (proof of income and accommodation) were sent by Martha, my representative and my employer's family friend in Canada a day before my deadline! Everybody was worried but we beat the deadline!

A week after we sent all what was requested by the embassy, a phone call was received! On the line, the man said, "a document from the Canadian Embassy is with me! Where is your exact address, ma'am?" This is it! I thought! I was so anxious and nervous! This is really it! But........



No comments:

Post a Comment