1.12.2015

CANADIAN DREAM Part I: HOW I STARTED!

It was well planned. My daughters and I were one day on bed talking about my plans. I was about to fly to the Middle East back then. Our anxiety were so high that while we talk of me leaving, there were tears on our cheeks knowing we won't see each other for a long time. Long time was 10 months for an OFW woking for the government in Saudi Arabia.




Starting anew in the Philippines isn't easy. Although equipped with knowledge and experiences, 2 loopholes are ahead of me: my age (40 is the cut off of agencies for the Middle East) and I became choosy with offers, especially from those in KSA and other GCC countries. But I don't have a choice. After having rested for a month, I started job hunting again. There were vacancies! A lot! But in a place I vowed not to step on in again! Saudi Arabia has lots of vacancies for nurses so I turned down offers thinking I have a better place to go to other than KSA. Then came Ministry of Health-Oman. Tried my luck and passed both the exams and the interview. I started filling my brains with the thought that I will leave again in six (6) months but something happened in Oman that applications became an "express". The waiting period of 6-8months became 4 weeks! Visa was issued but I refused the second time. What gave me the courage to refuse such a job was the offer made in Canada for me to do Live in caregiving to Annabelle's (my sister) present employer. To go to Canada with a willing sponsor is a blessing. Not all people would want to do sponsorship especially that they're not relatives. This one is the break I waited for. This is an answer to a prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment