7.02.2014

ON A WEDNESDAY 7/2/2014

It was a sunny Wednesday. Scheduled to accompany mom to buy her meds with her ENT doctor and meet the owner of the cellphone Knycole found at CSI cinema last night while we watched the movie Transformers: Age of Extinction. And a trip to Baguio after my morning appointments. 


Our 2-hour travel on a Mitsubishi Montero sport was such a comfort. 'Tho I lack the necessary sleep for the night, headache didn't bother visit me as we were busy chatting, laughing and eating inside the car. It was past 2pm when we arrived at a friend's house. We immediately unloaded our groceries, started cutting vegetables for our sinigang na sugpo and marinated the porkchops and finished cooking and frying in no time. Rice was ready and while we prepare for our late lunch, I gathered all the ingredients for our macaroni salad and had them mixed and done in minutes. Lunch with 2 boys with amazing appetites is contagious. We finished off 2 big plates of rice, a kilo of porkchop and a big bowl of sinigang. Post lunch, boys wanted to sip some vodka and mixed them with lemon, crushed ice and cranberry juice, served with boy bawang, guapples dipped in vinegar, grapes sliced in half, apples and bananas combined, a bowl of macaroni salad and a big bag of Marty's chicaron. There's 6 of us who filled in the 6-seater dining table while we listen to love songs played on the radio. We kept on munching and them, drinking while we chat and laugh and giggle. I guess, a can of Del Monte pineapple juice isn't a good partner for all those foods, or it is just psychological because I was craving for coke with lots of ice in it the whole time


It was past 7pm when we decided to go back home to San Fernando. While we passed through Legarda Road, one of them chided if we can still go on for another hour of karaoke. So instead of going home straight to La Union, we right turned to a street that led to Session Road but couldn't find any karaoke bar in the most famous road in the city of Pines. We ended up in our favorite hangout- at Will's Cafe. We enjoyed list'ning to the singers for their acoustic night. Requested 6 (?) songs which the singers graciously and perfectly sang for us.


I thought that we will only hang out for a cup of hot choco and them some coffee but we ended with a plate of tortilla, a serving of crispy pata and a fruit platter.  And yes, 5 bottles of San Mig Light for my friends. That made me decide to cancel my hot choco and order coke instead. My cravings for coke was satisfied but I didn't even finish half of it. I was so full! There's no more space left in my tummy!


Nine quarter when we left the place. We were noisy inside the car, trying to keep the night, and our driver, alive. As adults, we talked of topics that affected us through the years, topics that made us who we are right now, topics that molded us into a better us and topics that persistently bug us but nevertheless became our strength. During that long drive, 4 of us felt the need to find a bathroom but couldn't find any. Our driver decided to park the car at a shoulder road, found a dark place and peed on the wall. Needless to say, another girlfriend had to do it due to urgency. Forgive the older people. There's those that can't do bladder control anymore (hahaha).


Safely home now at 11pm and still couldn't sleep due to a bloated stomach. I must have eaten too much! Now I have to stay up late a little more to let those foods get digested. Well, all in all, I had fun. I may be tired but yes, I enjoyed and I learned. I learned that we are humans capable of making mistakes but can be changed if we wanted to. I relearned that faith in God is an ingredient on how to overcome trials. I learned that we need a list'ning ear and an understanding heart to be able to help others. Lastly, I learned that GOOD FRIENDS ARE GOD-GIVEN! Let us learn to choose our friends and keep those who made a difference in our lives.







No comments:

Post a Comment