7.03.2014

LOST AND FOUND

Found this Nokia cellphone under the chair where Knycole was sitting while we watched the movie Transformer: Age of Extinction. It was ringing few minutes after the movie started. I was honestly pissed off and ready to bash anyone I caught using his/her cellphone while the movie was on going. Every minute, it'll ring, and my daughter was so curious where the sound was coming from. After 5 minutes, she figured out where the sound was coming from and it's from under her chair. She took it out but I told her to put it off so we concentrate with the movie. I opened the cellphone when we got home. Checked the inbox and found 78 messages, one of which, the latest was addressed "ma". I thought it must be a student who just lost a cellphone. I called the person using the newly found phone. She said the owner was her husband. She thanked me for contacting her and made appointments to see me the next day. I informed her that the phone is going low batt so I used my own phone to text her the next day but the next day, I was busy so I have to inform her of my schedule. After 2 days, she texted she'll drop by at my house to collect this Nokia Xpressmusic phone. I waited til almost 5pm and a couple in red polo shirts came walking towards my apartment. I went down to meet them and handed over the phone when they reached the gate. The woman was very grateful, introduced herself and gave me a shakehand. She said her name was Melinda. Her boyfriend shoke hand with me as well and told me his name but I've forgotten. They were thankful and assured them it's ok. The guy said he was busy with the movie he didn't notice his phone fell off. I thought they're lucky. Tho the phone maybe a bit old, it's still a good find. But to give back something lost and see them happy and hear them say thank you is a fulfillment. Such a beautiful day to have made someone happy. And oh, did I say I'm happy, too? 





No comments:

Post a Comment