4.01.2014

RESPECT, DEAR, RESPECT!

Went home from a dinner hosted by my friend at one of the villas in Thunderbird Resort. When my oldest daughter opened the door for me, she immediately told me that a friend, Kassan is staying for the night because they'll go for an early morning jog tomorrow. Kassan is a member of our Church. Her parents are both leaders in the church. She live a few meters from our apartment. I saw her sitting on the couch as I entered the house. She didn't say anything, as if I didn't exist when I arrived. Kids were all sitting on the sofa, including my nephew Kirby as they watched "How to train your Dragon'. I started telling stories of the dinner I had. Only Kryztl gave me feedbacks. After few minutes, I had my shower and prepared the bedroom for our sleep. Knycole insisted they will take the foam outside so they could sleep in the living room. I contested. I can take the foam on the floor with Kirby and them-  kryztl, knycole and kassan on our 60x75 bed inside the room. Knycole said kassan is so shy she might want to sleep in the living room rather than staying with us in the bedroom. I said it's ok no problem. Knycole insisted and started to raise her voice and told me i cannot understand. Should they have told me, I should have understood! But nobody told me what's going on so what is it that i should understand? She got more irritated with my questions and tried to defend her friend in my expense. I then raised my voiced and told them whatever it is she's going through, tho it's not my right to know, they should at least have told me so I can extend more understanding and compassion. But the kids were so protective of their friends that I have to be dealt with as if I owe them something, i have to tell them then, that  between their friend and me, I deserve more honor and respect than protecting the interest of their friends. I have to tell them i need to talk to them  in the morning. They then took the foam and pillows to the living room. I instructed further that they should prepare their things they needed so they will not disturb me early tomorrow. I locked the door for them to know I am serious. How that. I wanted to tell the kids the importance of respecting their mothers first before protecting their friends. After all, I DESERVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment