3.23.2014

UNPLANNED BAGUIO ESCAPADE


Got a text message on a Tuesday morning, saying I am invited over for a trip in Baguio the next day. I wasn't feeling well because of dizziness and headache due to my heavy menstruation but I said yes anyway. That Wednesday morning, I had to finish off household chores so I can have time for a nap before my 1pm appointment. At 1:30 pm, I was at Diversion Road and waited for Elma and Connie. A white Mitsubishi montero with plate number EMR 1 came to fetch me. A new lady and a driver was with my friends. We were introduced to one another. Michael Torres was driving with Aprily, a High school batchmate Eduardo Palaroan's sister were my newfound friends. Travelled to Baguio while eating tupig. Dropped by a fruit stand at Burgos before we pushed through with our travel. Arrived at Elma's place in Bakakeng before 4pm. I had dizzy spells. I lied down the bed at the master's bedroom then visited Connie's mom-in-law to give her pasalubongs. After 15minutes, Elma came and was the one driving. Went to SM, bought some appliances and groceries and went back to Bakakeng, this time with Jeanette and partner in their black mustang and Elmer with Charles and Erning in their blue Toyota Corolla. We spent an hour with Korean barbecue then decided to visit Azalea Residences for dinner. Dinner was a 7/10 at Tradisyon Resto. Filipino foods like crispy pata, sinigang na baboy, pinakbet, white rice, and karekare were served. Elma and Jeanette were drinking frozen margarita, the men with beer and me with my coke in can. It was clean fun. Charles was very accomodating. We spent sometime talking and Ernie spending most of his time taking pictures. At 9:30pm, Michael went back to Bakakeng and took Elma's bag. She decided to leave instead to spending another day there. Thursday is set for Michael to drive to Manila for Elma's kid. At 10:15pm, we're on our way back to La Union. It was a 10-hour drive and fun. I thank Elma for remembering me with gigs like this. I felt blessed to have friends who also are my angels.



















No comments:

Post a Comment