11.11.2012

SCREWED!

A week ago, I woke up with a bad back on an uneven bed. My wooden bed's screw slipped off from its original joining and it needs re-screwing. I must have gained so much weight or the old bed must have loosen its screw because of my frequent turning while sleeping. When I checked out what was wrong, I found that the screw that joins the metal and the wood don't match at all. I was told to inform the matron of my situation so a carpenter could come fix my bed. But I was so lazy to go down the ground floor (I live at the 4th floor) so instead of waiting for a professional carpenter to come, I had my roommate lend me a good type of screwdriver and had me fix my bed in no time.

Being a single mom for 11 years had taught me to love and learn a man's job. Simple carpentry, climbing a ladder, painting a wall, mastered handling a hammer, fixing a roof, doing electrical wirings, changing light bulbs, plumbing, adding double locks to main doors, troubleshooting a clogged sink or overflowing faucet became my routine that I neglected learning doing what other women have mastered doing such as cooking, sewing, baking, crocheting, the crafts and the arts, etc.

Yesterday, after coming home from work, I sat at the edge of my bed while browsing my pad when the other side slipped off again. Same problem with last week! But this time, I can't fix the bed for reason that my roommate was fast asleep. I waited for her to wake up but she seem sleepless the whole night that she needs catching up for tonight's duty. To avoid bothering her, I went to Rameez to accompany a colleague to transfer money to the Philippines, dined in at McDonald's, did some shopping and went home at prayer time. She was still sleeping so I did my laundry, took my pad out and spent more time at the receiving room sitting on the sofa that's full of dust mites. At 3pm, the matron knocked at the door telling me to wake my roommate up for a telephone call from the Admin office. So my mate was forced to wake up that had given me the chance to check on my bed. Again, I have to ask a screwdriver so I could fix the other side of my bed. Good thing I kept screws I picked up from places I go to. So when a time comes you saw me pick up screws, DON'T WONDER! I keep them for a reason!:)

3 comments:

  1. Bilib talaga ako sayo, sis.....good job

    From Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulita Gallardo Morante11 November, 2012 14:01

    From Facebook

    You are really a wonderful dad/mom hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Facebook

    You are a superwoman! Keep it up, beautiful mom.

    ReplyDelete