10.11.2012

MY SPA EXPERIENCE (The Room Service Way)

Arrived at exactly 1:45pm at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Wednesday, September 19 feeling so tired and dizzy. I opted to stay in a hotel for a day to rest and had my children come over to Manila for a treat after my almost 4months absence.

After a 9-hour direct flight from King Fahad International Airport, Dammam to NAIA with a jet lag (or just a plain lack of sleep and exhaustion due to the last 2 days of me being so busy with my unfinished vacation papers), I thought I deserve a full body massage, of which these days, spa is the new term for massage.

After checking in at Copacabana Hotel, a 3-star hotel in the heart of Pasay City, I immediately had warm shower to freshen up. At the lobby, I was told of the hotel's amenities, one of which is a spa and a salon at the 2nd floor. Good enough I already had my pedicure done 5 days before my flight, I dropped the idea of having to pay 250pesos for a pedicure and 250pesos for a manicure, I could wait til I get to the province and pay 120pesos for both.

Called the reception for room service but I was told that the masseuse was busy with a client. I jumped into conclusion that there's only one on duty that time. I was told that if I can wait 2 hours more, I could be the next in line. I agreed and waited til 9pm and had nap in between. When the phone rang, I knew it was the spa center that's calling. A very young lady knocked at my door holding a basket of different oils and some kind of lotions and stones with a paper funnel in yellow color with candle and match sticks in her hands. She greeted me courteously and asked what I wanted for a massage-was it the normal massage, the aromatherapy, swedish or shiatsu? Oh, boy, what do I know about those terms, except that aromatherapy sounds cool and I just needed to have my painful back have a taste of rubbing and let the pain go away for sometime. She suggested the aromatherapy for she will use some sort of a special oil for the massage.

I couldn't explain in detail how she manipulated my aching back and how that I feel so light after an hour of the aromatherapy massage. She did so well that the painful back and tired muscles was so relaxed and painless, I wanted more but paying more wasn't in my agenda. After the treatment, she suggested that if I wanted to experience their new service called candeling at a price of Php350.00, then I can have my ears get clean painlessly as well. So for experience (and having something to blog later), I availed.

Overall, I had a wonderful time experiencing these things. Honestly, the massage was on my bucket list for my 2012 vacation. Haven't had it in years and as I thought of working so hard, giving bath to 2-4 patients every night for a 30-day night shift, turning and pulling patients up to 180 kilograms everyday and going home tired with no one to attend to me except my lifeless computers, I never regretted paying out 60 rials for a massage that made me say, "AH, THIS IS LA DOLCE VITA!".

No comments:

Post a Comment